Rules & Guidelines for Camp Avalon
Spiritual Nature Retreat
For Safety to limit the spread of COVID – 19, the following rules and policies are in place as mandated by the CDC and Arizona law
Be Aware of and follow recommendations on Camp Avalon posted signs concerning COVID -19.Read our COVID-19 Safety Protocol
- Observe 6 foot physical distancing from others who are on retreat.
- Wear protective masks when in contact with others who are on retreat.
- Increase your hygiene and hand washing as necessary.
- Please deposit all trash into the provided waste receptacles, or take it with you when you leave. Pack it in, pack it out.
- An irrigation ditch as well as Oak Creek runs through the property, please supervise children closely.
- Help to prevent pollution. Keep litter and foreign substances out of the Creek or other waters at all times.
- Bathing and washing of clothes or diapers in the Creek is strictly prohibited.
- Please note we are a family nature retreat. Public nudity is strictly prohibited.
- Running generators is prohibited.
- No firearms, fireworks, drugs, or alcohol are allowed on the nature retreat.
- Children under 12 years old must be supervised at all times.
- Several historical buildings are still maintained on the nature retreat. Do not tamper with or vandalize these buildings in any way.
- Do not cut, carve, chop or damage any trees.
- Fresh drinking water and porta potties are available on the nature retreats.
- Currently, there are no showers available at the nature retreat.
- Cellphone service is limited in this area, but so is noise and light pollution!
- Prior to camping, all adults will be asked to consent to a waiver conditional to your stay.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM through 6:00 AM. We ask that all campers be considerate of others enjoying the grounds.
- The number of camping units per campsite varies, please check with the retreat manager for special inquiries.
- For smaller RVs on the property for short term stays, please know that we do not provide any RV black or grey water dumping on site. Absolutely no discharge is allowed.
- Fires may be prohibited at certain times of the year, or in certain climate conditions. Please obey any restrictions on camp fires.
- Fires are only permitted in the designated fire rings provided for that purpose.
- Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping the fire under control.
- When leaving the nature retreat, be sure that your fire is completely extinguished.
- Fireworks and other explosives are prohibited from the nature retreats and recreation areas.
Pets & Assisting Animals
- Dogs on leashes and certified assisting animals are the only pets allowed on the nature retreat. Animals must be on a leash at all times.
- The retreat manager must be informed if you are camping with a furry friend.
- Because of space limitations, assisting animals will likely not fit in the current sanitary facilities. New facilities are being constructed. No other animals are allowed in the facilities.
- Animal waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed of by owners.
- Do not leave your animals unattended at any time.
The retreat manager reserves the right to refuse further service without refund to individuals who break these rules.