Coronavirus COVID-19 UPDATE
In line with the primary mission of Camp Avalon - Spiritual Nature Retreat we believe that Cleanliness is Godliness. During this time of great transformation, connecting people to each other takes on new meaning. It revolves around the responsibility we have for the health of our guests and campground team as well as the health and well-being for all humanity.We are diligently monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation and are actively taking precautions and following recommendations by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health agencies, and working to put them into practice at our sacred retreat grounds.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AT CAMP AVALON
Campground staff and campers can work together to provide everyone with a safe and enjoyable outdoor experience during these difficult times. Various health and safety measures are designed to cover everything from hand washing, cleaning, and other needed procedures in correlation to WHO and CDC recommendations.
- Wear a face covering when in indoor spaces, including porta potties AND when outdoors in attendance at any of our Spiritual Activities.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people who aren’t from your household. Our campsites have plenty of space between one another so guests can feel protected in the sacred environment of Camp Avalon.
- HOW ARE WE HANDLING PAYMENTS? Is this true??? If possible, please pay by debit or credit card to decrease the exchange of money. Our check-in procedures limit hand-to-hand interaction.
- We encourage you to bring your own masks, gloves, disinfectant, and whatever else you deem necessary to protect yourself during your sojourn.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol).
- Hand Washing: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, we are updating and providing resources and training as new processes and procedures are needed.